Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tender Hairs Bristle



Tender hairs bristle, on my neck
And recoil. Blood rushes, and rushes back
Heart beats, thunder in my ear
Eyes bulge, lip drops
A word forms on it. I stop it –
It’s hopeless. I slump, and resign.

I wait. I look, and look again
Words won’t come, and I’m crushed more
Shrinking, sinking, drowning, wishing
Eons pass. Time is heavy
Heart breaks, more than the heartbroken
Feeling, feeling, feeling.

She looks one more time, and turns
Gone. I know, I understand, I stun
Eyes speak beyond words – her eyes
I turn. My eyes now speak
She gathers. Hurried. A flash of skin, and gone too
I look again. I’m all alone.

Picture credit: Soletron.com

2 comments:

  1. It's not often that I come across words woven together as beautifully as you've done here. These words are quite moving. You possess a rare talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement Dalton, and for dropping by.

      Delete